Thursday, May 27, 2004

This document came down to me today.


Salem, Ore. - The family of Sgt. Donald Walters will hold a press conference to disclose additional information they have learned about their son's death after being formally briefed by a senior Pentagon official on Tuesday. Walters, initially reported as having been killed in action on March 23, 2003, was actually captured by Iraqi combatants, held separately from his fellow soldiers and killed while in custody.


Sgt. Walters has had his status changed from KIA (killed in action) to POW (prisoner of war). Sgt. Donald Walters, the first Oregonian killed in the War in Iraq is beginning to get the recognition he deserves. For more information shoot me an email or leave me a message with your email and I'll send you a copy of a document I've put together.

If you're wondering I live in Vancouver, Washington which is a little north of Portland, Oregon. Salem is the capital of Oregon and is just over an hour from where I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment