Thursday, June 03, 2004

Smoking in movies

Fox News is reporting the anti-smoking groups are trying to get any movie with smoking in it rated R. Ok, so you can have naked people in a movie, in small doeses, and it's not R. You can use the F-word four times in a movie and it's not rated R. But if you smoke it's automatically rated R. Is there something wrong with this picture? If you're going to say smoking is a R-rating offense. Make all language, sexual content and violence and R-rating too. Hey, the Passion is now rated G, oh wait I forgot I put violence down as R-rating too. I guess that leaves Disney...wait Donald Duck smokes sometimes. There you go, all movies are now rated R! Ok, I admit it's a little bit of a slippery slop argument but I think I made my point. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment