Monday, February 06, 2006

Follow Up to Superbowl XL

Wow, someone actually read my blog and posted a comment, I'm amazed. Ok, so I want to just clear the air about a few things. Jim (my one reader and commenter) raised some points that I won't dispute but I'm not in entire agreement with. I have a question as a referee, do you believe it is possible to see the football cross the plane of the goal line by 1/4 of an inch? Heck, you think you can tell from a full inch? This is why we have goal reveiw, and again I agree with the call after the review, I just don't think the ref on the field should have made the touchdown call at all. With regards to the offensive pass interferece, my thanks to Jim for explaining the rule more clearly to me. I still do not believe that the Steelers performance was impeded upon however, I don't have a DVR or TiVo so I can't go back and look at the play for the 25th time. I won't go into the holding again because I already have said that Al Michaels and John Madden said there was no hold, I think I'll differ to their call. In my opinion every call that could have been made against Seattle was made, the Steelers did not play a perfect game, in fact they played terrible, they got lucky, with the help of the officials and one interecption, check out Sports Illustrated's report card on the game if you don't believe me. You can't tell me there wasn't a time when the Steelers had a penatly and they didn't get called for it. The offensive pass interference play could have easily been forward pass interference as the defender was grabbing at the reciever the whole entire time (ok, granted this is part of the game but if your going to make stupid calls please make them all stupid). Ok, that's it, I've said my piece two times now, and Jim, I do thank you very much for posting a comment to the blog and I hope that even though you and I do not agree on this particular thing that you continue to vist my blog and post about issues that you find relavent. To the rest of you, ttfn.

No comments:

Post a Comment