Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Final Presentation Topic

Over the past several days I have been racking my brain trying to come up with a final presentation. While I'm, even at this point, still not sure what I want to report on I think I have an idea. I know that there have been several studies done on diversity in media. I will look specifically at the media of Television. Some of the questions I plan to answer are how often are minorities shown? What role do the minorities play? What is the comparisson between minorities displayed on TV and minorities in population? Should this, if found to be disproportionate, be changed to better match the population of the nation? I plan to keep it within the context of the United States and maybe a little of Canada. If I should be looking at this from another angle, I'm more than happy to add that in. As I said, I know studies exist that will back up this type of presentation. Thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment