Sunday, June 06, 2004

I know I said I was taking the weekend off but I forgot about something very important. I know it's rather late but 60 years ago today thousands of men lost their lives for the freedom we now celebrate. Thank a veteran, of any war, but especially WWII if you know one. D-Day is today June 6th. It is the celebration of the Allied victories at the beaches of Normandy France defeating the Germans and creating the beginning of the end of WWII. In Rememberance of those who have gone on before. Also in a sad note, President Ronald Reagan has died. He didn't make it to the 60th anniversary of D-Day but as I told one of my friend earlier, he is safely home celebrating the day with those who went first. God Bless this country, God be with the Reagan family as they lose a Great American and the great communicator of the. The flags fly at half in honor of this great man. Godspeed to us all as we remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment